-->

Thursday 18 May 2017

Photocopying Mom's style this Mother's Day with fbb!

Hey Girlies!

This Mother's Day I thought of going back in time and recreating my mom's old picture. I am a photocopy of her in many ways. Be it her habit of overthinking everything, her love for nail paints and hand bags, her witty nature, her ability to speak her mind out or even standing up for what is right and not taking anything wrong from anyone. However, there are exceptions where we differ, like for instance she is a genius when it comes to maths and my maths! Well, it is better you don't ask me what 7 and 5 adds up to. I am a dancing diva and she has been doing only one step all her life which she learnt in school days. Now, if you wonder that fashion sense is also something where we differ then you are wrong. It is something that I learnt from her and no matter how much I pretend in front of her that I know more about fashion than her, trust me, deep down I know she has a better sense. Almost every day she has to have an opinion about what I am wearing and how I am styling it. Most of the times her suggestions have worked wonders for putting together a look. She is not only my style teacher by also my photographer. Most of my pictures have been clicked by her.

After digging through a lot of old albums, I found this picture which is 27 years old. No, I didn't do the maths of calculating, it is she who helped me with this. There were many pictures but this happens to be interesting because she is wearing denim on denim in this one. It seconds the fact that "Fashion never dies, it only evolves." Denim on denim is in trend even today and I absolutely love this trend. I was not amaze to see my stylish mom having sported this look back then in 1990. 

I paired a denim skirt with tie-dye print like her with a white shirt. Then I added a denim jacket like she has and wore belli flats ditto like her. She has gone all out with jewellery and so I too went for dangling earrings, a silver round watch and instead of her mangalsutra I wore a dainty neckpiece. I did not miss out copying her brown lipstick which is her all time favourite shade. Rest, I kept my hair tied back the way she has and tried my best to pose like her. It was a lot of fun for me to recreate this and doing it right in front of her made her feel nostalgic about the day when she ditched traditional outfits to try on this one. 

Recreating old photographs is always fun. Thanks to fbb for coming up with a fun activity like this one. If you guys happen to try something like this, don't forget to share those pictures with me in comments. Till then, take care and keep smiling.





4 comments:

  1. Neha you have really recreated the carbon copy of the 27year old pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It was tough but it was so much fun.

      Delete